Not gonna lie, I’m usually a complete scrooge around this time of year, but 2017 seems to have summoned an uncharacteristically festive cheer from my stone cold heart. I’m ready to throw handfuls of faux snow over passersby and exclaim my impatience for the 25th day of December; honestly I haven’t got a clue what’s going on. Could it be because I’m watching Frozen as I write this? Maybe. So let’s take full advantage of this potentially fleeting spirit and talk about gifts.
Whether you’re buying for your gal pal, sister, mum, auntie, or SO, here are 17 things they won’t have to do a pretend happy-grateful face to.
1. Snow Ball Face Bag – £35, Mac
Good luck trying to give this one away. For £35 you can bag a nice little gift set that’ll make you someone’s favourite person forever. Or at least until next xmas.
2. Apatchy Personalised Make Up Bag – £18, Not On The High Street
Sequins, metallics, POM POMS. You can’t go wrong.
3. Orelia Star Tassel Earrings – £34.99, Lyst
The statement earring trend is going nowhere, so make the most of it!
4. Vivienne Westwood Wallet – £165, Vivienne Westwood
LOOK HOW DREAMY IT IS.
5. Fujifilm Instax Mini Kit – £100, Urban Outfitters
If they haven’t jumped on the polaroid bandwagon already, this is the perfect chance to do it for them. Especially when it comes in a cute little gift set like this.
6. Gin & Tonic Bath Salts – £6, Oliver Bonas
Ideal as a stocking filler or secret santa prezzie for that gin-lover in your life. Or me.
7. Marbled Monogram Cheese Board – £34, Anthropologie
Any excuse to eat cheese. Buy a couple of festive cheddars to go with it and you’ve pretty much won at Christmas.
8. Black Feather Clutch Bag – £25, Missguided
Fluffy and chic – what more could you want in a bag? And just in time for a big NYE night out too; unless they’re planning a night in with a glass of pinot, in which case they can use it as a pillow instead.
9. Happiness Planner – £28, Anthropologie
In case the sherry doesn’t make them happy, hopefully this planner will.
10. Teacup, Saucer & Infuser – £15, Source Lifestyle
Oops, another gin-related gift. No idea how that happened.
11. Three Month Glossybox Subscription – £38.25, Glossybox
The gift that keeps on giving for 3 months! Just think how generous you’ll look.
12. Naked Heat Eyeshadow Pallet – £39.50, Urban Decay
I know it’s hard to give away, but stay strong. I believe in you.
13. S’well Spectrum Water Bottle – £42, Urban Outfitters
This ain’t no ordinary water bottle. Designed to keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot, it’ll be a significant upgrade from their recycled Evians.
14. Stemless Wine Glasses – £17.50, Source Lifestyle
Make sure they see the messages at the bottom!
15. Shaggy Faux Fur Coat – £50, Missguided
Nothing is ever better than the gift of warmth, especially when it looks like this.
16. Classic Bumblebee Necklace – £150, Alex Monroe
Spotted on celebs like Emma Watson and Sienna Miller, the bumblebee necklace is an affordable icon. Brownie points guaranteed!
17. Disney Chip Mug – £5, Primark
I really don’t think this needs explaining.
By Holly Earp.